Sunday, February 06, 2011

Going home

Just finished up my first five day consolidation treatment. It actually hasn't been too bad. The nausea still comes and goes but nothing I can't deal with! I will be back in about 30 days for another consolidation treatment and as long as my blood work stays in line I won't need to get another bone marrow biopsy.

I'm still waiting to be matched up with a bone marrow donor, so hopefully I hear something soon. If a donor is found we will move straight to a transplant and no more consolidation treatments. I'm really nervous about the transplant but I know it needs to be done. I could be in the hospital for a minimum of 30 days which I don't look forward too. It's really hard being away from the family that long.

Well enough about that for now. I'm gonna go home and enjoy my family!!!!

Xoxoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, i stumbled across your blog while looking for examples of bartending certificates (i initially saw your april '08 post where your son received his certification) and decided to read a bit more. i greatly admire your strength and courage to keep moving forward and living despite the 'hiccups' your bouts with cancer caused. may the Creator continue to bless you and your family. -heather