Sunday, February 27, 2011

10 out of 10 Match

We got GREAT news this last Thursday...They have found me a bone marrow donor. The donor is a 10 out of 10 match!!! We don't know much more than that right now but we will find out more on Tuesday when we meet with the transplant doctor. My Oncologist did say that it could be within the next few weeks, so I shouldn't need to do another consolidation treatment. I will need to do one more bone marrow biopsy before the transplant to be 100% certain the cancer is still gone!!!

I have to admit I wasn't really sure how to react when my oncologist told me the good news. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy but at the same time I am pretty scared. I actually just requested some more learning material from NMDP or National Marrow Donor Program. The NMDP has support resources for patients, caregivers and families.

One of the guidelines of the transplant is that I can't know who my donor is for one year. Also my donor will not know who I am. At the one year mark either party can request to get the others information. I am so greatful that there are people who are willing to be donors. Thank you so much to the man or woman who is a perfect match to me, you are truly a lifesaver.

I will post more on Tuesday after I meet with the transplant doctor.

xoxoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy to hear all this and read all this! When you first told me I overwhelmed with emotion because it has truly been a rollercoaster for you and I am so happy this rollercoaster has a happy ending! You deserve the best life has to offer and i'm so glad that things are going as well as they are now. I only hope to continue to hear more good news! I love you Jane... as always, stay strong! We're all here for you! :)

Unknown said...

Not sure who arc is but it is very hard not to become emotional everytime I talk about you. I am sorry for that, it really is hard not to cry. I am so thankful for the donor, I can't imagine what you are feeling right now. I know the good, I know the bad, but I also know there really isn't another option. If this ugly leukemia came back, they probably would start running out of options to treat you. The only question I really have is the timing of everything. I want to be there, but I want to be there when you really need me. I would think that there would be limitations, even for Josh and me. I remember when Kelsi was in the hospital in Seattle and she was not allowed visitors for a long time. I love you daughter of mine. I know there are alot of people praying for you, and loving you. We will all get through this together! Mom