Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Birthday Weekend!!!

Wow, what a weekend.

On Friday, we went to the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield, California. Fairfield is a little over an hour from my house. We met Sandy, Marcia and Alexa there because they flew into Sacramento the night before. It has been years since I've seen Marcia and I've never seen her daughter Alexa before. It was a lot of fun. After we got home from the Jelly Belly Factory, I was going to go to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for our picnic on Saturday. But instead I got stopped in my tracks by a dead car battery. Luckily, my brother saved the day. He even hooked me up and I got a discount on a new battery because he put it on his company account. Thanks little brother!!! After we got that all taken care of it was time to run to the grocery store and rush home so we could leave for dinner. Yeah, we went to La Villa's for my favorite mexican food. It was such a nice time. After we got home and was getting ready for bed, the phone rang. It was my mom telling me that she was in the Emergency Room with my grandfather. So off the ER I go. (Same ER that I went too!) After a bunch of testing, we find out Grandpa was having a mini stroke and that it wasn't the first. The CT Scan that they did showed that he must of had one before. The doc sent him on his way and told him that he needs to follow up with his primary doctor in Tennessee when he gets home and to make sure he is taking one baby aspirin a day.

On Saturday, we loaded up four cars full of my family and friends and headed to San Francisco. My Aunt Carol, Uncle Paul and cousin David drove from Phoenix, Arizona to join us for the weekend. I haven't seen my cousin David for 5 years. Wow, what a young man he has grown up to be. Anyway, we first went to The Precidio where most everyone stayed at the beach. Josh, Harry, Amber, David, Marcia and I drove over to Haight Ashbury. Harry, David and Marcia had never been. Once we walked around there for a while we went back and met up with everyone else at the beach to have our picnic lunch. It was really cold at the beach but it was still a lot of fun. After the beach, we headed over to Lombard Street and then down to Pier 39. We took the kids to the Aquarium at the Pier which was a blast and then walked around a bit before we found a great Italian restaurant for dinner. I don't think we got home until about 9:00 or so but I was exhausted. It was time for me to go to bed before I collapsed.

On Sunday, Josh woke up and made breakfast for my birthday. There were a total of 17 people to feed. He is such an awesome cook. After breakfast, my guests all started to leave. Sandy and Marcia had to head back to Sacramento to catch their plane. My parents drove Grandpa to Oakland to catch his plane. Aunt Carol, Uncle Paul and David hit the road for Phoenix. The rest of the day was pretty much a lounge day. We did get up and go to Musashi's for my birthday dinner. That is my next favorite place to La Villas. Musashi's is a Japanese restaurant where they cook in front of you. I love their fried rice....yummy!!

On Monday, my brother, Amber and my niece Lily left back to Idaho. I wish they didn't have to leave so soon. My niece was finally warming up to me. It usually takes her a couple days.

Now that I've gotten everyone caught up...today, I met with the surgeon regarding my gallbladder. She wants to wait until after I am done with Chemo to take out my gallbladder. She says that it is not infected and there is no need to take it out right now. She wants to make sure I heal correctly and being under Chemo, I have that chance of not healing 100%.

Tonight I am taking Taylor to band night. She wants to sign up to play the clarinet in the 5th grade band. I remember playing the violin in 5th grade and then I played the trumpet in 6th through 8th grade. I hope she sticks with it. I know she is for at least 5th grade. That is part of the agreement, she can't quit half way through.

Okay, I'm done rambling. I will uploaded some pictures when I get them off my moms camera. I hope everyone is doing well.

xoxo

4 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Yay! It sounds like you had a fabulous birthday weekend, except for the trip the the ER, I hope grandpa is doing better now! Get some rest, I still haven't had time to officially crash yet, and I think I need a good 2 days of nothing but sleep and lounging :)

XO

Sanbandit said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great bday weekend celebration!! sorry to hear you grandpa and a ministroke, hope he follows dr's orders and doesn't have any more!
I think you need to recover from all the fun over the weekend!
Happy belated bday!
Sandy

ChemoPrincess said...

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful birthday!! The Jelly Belly Factory is always fun (especially for the kids), and San Francisco speaks for itself, but I know how exhausted you were. I have gotten to where i can really only do the beach, all the walking is just too much. Where is Musashi's? Do they have sushi? Get some rest and take care.
Brandi

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane! Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a great time in the city : ) It makes me want to go there too...And at La Villas of course. Well I hope you're feeling better! Talk to you later!

~Sabrina~