Saturday, September 01, 2007

Chemo 3A


Friday I had my first chemo treatment in Modesto. I'm very excited I made the change. The nurses are awesome. My new Onc is great, she decided since I was having problems with my gallbladder that she wanted to move my PET Scan up. So I'm now getting my PET Scan done on September 16th instead of late October. They wanted to schedule it on the 9th but I told them that is the last thing I want to do on my birthday so I have to wait an extra week. The Oncology Pharmacist prescribed me two more medications to take since I've been having my little gallbladder issues. One is Pepcid and the other is Decadron. The Decadron is one of my pre meds for chemo. But he is going to have me take it in pill format for about 5 days after chemo to help my stomach/gallbladder out. For those of you who don't recognize the picture above that is a PET Scan machine.

My mom ordered me the LIVESTRONG Survivorship Notebook. I just got it in the mail today. I'm still going through it but it is a 3 ring notebook with tons of information and a great place to stay organized with all my test results, prescriptions, receipts and any thing else I gather during this journey. There is no charge for the notebook, just a small shipping and handling fee. I suggest that anyone who is dealing with cancer, any kind of cancer go to www.livestrong.org and order your own.

Anyway, my mom and dad left Idaho about 5:30 this morning and were in Oregon the last time I talked to them. They should make it to our house hopefully around dinner time. I hope everyone has an awesome Labor Day Weekend, be safe and enjoy!!!

xoxo

3 comments:

Cindy said...

We made it!!! God I swear my ass is getting calluses from all the trips we've made. Jane really looks good, though hasn't been feeling too great. It is nice just to sit here and visit, and be able to touch her. Harry and Amber should be here late Wednesday, my Dad will here Thursday and Friday we are meeting Sandy and Marcia at the Jelly Belly factory. I just talked to Larry and we may get to see him, too. My sister Carol and her husband Paul should be here sometime Friday night, or Saturday morning. We are spending Saturday in San Francisco, can't wait! It's been in the hundreds here, and I know it is cooler over there. We are here until next Saturday, then heading for home. Love to all!

Sanbandit said...

Hopin that the chemo went without any too horrible side effects. Glad you like the new nurses and office! I really think nurses make such a huge difference. If I couldn't joke around with mine I think I'd go crazy down in the chemo room. (Big room 8 recliners and the nurses desk-terribly exciting) But it's at the docs office.
Hope you had a great Labor Day and could enjoy it!! hope you have a great birthday too!!
I finally got my chemo today and the Neupogen definetly boosted up my white blood cells for sure!!! Sandy
Take care, have fun with the bday!]

Kelly Kane said...

Our birthday countdown begins!! Less than a week!! HOORAY! I'm really glad that the new place seems much better, it's good to be comfortable and to get taken care of! I agree with Sandy, nurses are key! Oh and the decadron, since you said you only get it as a pre-med, I warn you, I took it for about 4 days after chemo everytime. You'll get bloated and a red puffy face, just telling ya so you don't freak :) you should deflate by your bday though!! :)

I hope to see a picture of you and mom soon!!

XOXO!