Thursday, August 30, 2007

Crazy Sexy Cancer


Did anyone watch "Crazy Sexy Cancer" on TLC last night? Kris Carr did a great job putting that film together. For those of you that don't know Kris was diagnosed with Epithelioid Hemangio-endothelioma (EHE)Stage IV. EHE is an extremely rare vascular cancer. There is no cure and no definitive treatment for EHE. Kris was diagnosed on Valentines Day, 2003. 4 years later she is still living with cancer. I also bought her book; "Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips". She has been a great inspiration to me. My mom and I are actually going to see her on her book tour in San Francisco when she is here. This book is wonderful for people who have cancer or someone who knows someone who has cancer. Check out her website www.crazysexycancer.com

I went and met with my primary today. He said that it is not urgent that I get my gallbladder removed but I should definitely do it soon. He set me up to meet with a surgeon on September 11th. She will go over the procedure and I can decide from there if I want to move forward now or later.

I have chemo tomorrow so I wanted to give everyone an update. Hope all is well. 2 more days until my mom, dad and Pete (their dog) are here!!!
xoxo

2 comments:

Sanbandit said...

Hey there! I did watch CrazySexyCancer. I really enjoyed it. There were quite a few people on the HD mailing list i'm on that didn't like it because she wasn't the "typical" cancer patient, she still had her hair, she wasn't taking treatments, she was travelign all over, she had her fairytale wedding. They were pissing me off! She never said she was the typical patient, why can't she have her fairytale wedding. But whatever i liked it and thought she was inspiring.

I did miss one treatment when I had my gallbladder removed, but it was because I had the gallbladder attack the night before my chemo and after every attack it messed with my liver enzyme functions. You need good LE functions because your liver filters out the chemo, if the liver aint workin well, not so good. So missed that treatment (on a friday) and had the procedure that monday or tuesday. I think it would be up to your onc when you could schedule it so you wouldn't miss a treatment. I missed a couple treatments and had one that i only had the D of the ABVD (when my veins just shut down lol then i got the port!)
Good luck with it all, it will all go smoothly I'm sure!
sandy

ChemoPrincess said...

Hi Jane,
I did watch CrazySexyCancer also. I think she is so inspiring. She had her down moments, which i needed to see that i'm not alone with those. But through most of it her spirits remained good and i think that is so important in the heeling process. I'm going to order the book today. Hope all goes well with the gall bladder thing and your next chemo treatment.
Brandi