Sunday, September 30, 2007

Catching Up


I thought I would do one more post for September. Last Thursday, Debbie and I went and got pedicure's done. OOOHHHH, how relaxing that was. I haven't done that in months. Thanks Deb, I wish we had some more time to hang out though. Sandy and Marcia got me a gift certificate to a spa that I can't wait to use. Thank you Sandy and Marcia.

Josh found out late last week that he didn't end up getting the job at Home Depot. They ended up hiring internally and told him they would hold onto his application. THAT TOTALLY SUCKS!!! I was really hoping that he would get a good job with benefits. This whole Cobra Insurance is KILLING us and of course we are pushed up against a brick wall because I have to have insurance. The only way for me to be covered is to get on group insurance. So hopefully Josh will find something else soon. I am really hoping that the PET Scan comes back clean next time so I can finish up on Chemo early. I need to find a second job and I can't really do that until I'm better. I can't risk getting sick and I need to make sure I'm resting as much as I can.

I am working on getting all my receipts together so I can turn them into the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. They will reimburse up to $500 a year. Considering my insurance premium is $900 a month, I pretty sure I will qualify for the full $500. It will probably take a several weeks to get but its better than nothing.

I wanted to thank those of you that have participated in Taylor's fundraiser for Science Camp. It truly means a lot to us. Taylor has even been earning money helping Great Nana with house chores. For those of you that don't know, Josh's Nana bought a house behind ours that she is fixing up and going to turn around and sell once she is done. The house has so much potential and if anyone is going to do it right, its gonna be Nana.

Taylor and Hailey are doing really good in school this year. Taylor came home last week very excited because she got an A on her spelling test and a B on her math test. Hailey is reading really well now. She comes home and grabs a notepad and just starts writing stories. Her spelling isn't perfect but she sure is trying. Both Hailey and Taylor are making tons of friends. Taylor has been exchanging phone numbers with her friends. I've already had to tell one of her friends not to call so late. It was a little after 8:00 but on a school night I like the girls to be in bed no later than about 8:30 and that particular night the girls were acting up and went to bed at 8:00. I can't believe how fast they grow up.

The girls are getting excited for Halloween. Of course they haven't made up their mind on what they want to be this year but I'm sure it will be good. The 10th annual Pumpkin Maze is open. www.pumpkinmaze.com They have a huge pumpkin maze, a pumpkin blaster, haunted house and so much more. They do the maze different each year. The picture I downloaded is from their website.

Not much else has really been going on here. Just trying to keep ourselves in one piece. It's time for some more anti-nausea pills, so I'm gonna go but I will write more soon. Love you all!!! Take care!!

xoxo

4 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Hey there!! Sorry things are going crappy on the job front! I'm glad you've figured out the LLS for receipts. Also, I'm pretty sure Sandy mentioned that Cancer Card gives out cash as well. You could also look on I'm Too Young For This for grants. Best of luck with everything, I hope things turn around for you soon!!

XO

Jon said...

Don't forget the $2,500 that the lls gives out based on what your family makes. I didn't think I would qualify, but when I did the math, i did. Check it out. It's the co-pay deal. Call up a rep and let them do the math for you.

Sanbandit said...

Hi! Hope your hubby can find somethin that pays well and has good insurance soon!! You should also check out cancercare.org they have financial assistance too. I just got a nice little check from them. As long as you have less than $9k in savings you qualify. Um yeah i think Kelly meant cancer care not cancer card lol.
glad the kids are doin well in school and makin lots of friends!!
take care, chin up :)
sandy

Pam B. said...

hello....I am a friend of Brandi's and I often read your comments to her...I just wanted to say..today I saw the pic of you in your new wig and I must say it looks GREAT!! just thought I would tell you because it seems you were reluctant to get one and well..you shouldn't have been, you look really really good in it! Prayers for your speedy recovery! BTW my ex husband is a cancer survivor so I went thru it all with him in 1990-1991. It was definately the hardest time in my life! take care