Thursday, September 27, 2007

PET SCAN RESULTS

GREAT NEWS!!!! THE PET SCAN SHOWED DRAMATIC IMPROVEMENT. MY DOCTOR IS VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS. SHE SAID WE MAY EVEN BE ABLE TO CUT OFF A TREATMENT OR TWO. SHE HAS SCHEDULED ME TO GET ANOTHER PET SCAN DONE THE FIRST WEEK OF NOVEMBER. SO I COULD BE DONE WITH CHEMO BY DECEMBER 7TH. THAT WILL PUT ME AT 6 FULL CYCLES, IF NOT AND WE DECIDE TO GO THE FULL 8, I WILL BE DONE FEBRUARY 1ST. SEEMS LIKE FOREVER BUT I KNOW IT'S REALLY NOT. I'M A LOT CLOSER TO KICKING CANCER'S ASS THAN I WAS 3 MONTHS AGO, SO I CAN'T COMPLAIN.

JOSH SHOULD BE STARTING ORIENTATION AT HOME DEPOT ANYTIME NOW. HE WAS HIRED AS "DEPARTMENT HEAD FOR LUMBER". WE ARE VERY EXCITED BECAUSE THEY OFFER FULL BENEFITS. SO HOPEFULLY, I CAN BE COVERED UNDER HIS INSURANCE IN 90 DAYS. THE COBRA PREMIUM I AM PAYING NOW IS RIDICULOUS.

ANYWAY, NOT MUCH ELSE IS GOING ON. I JUST TALKED TO MY NURSE AND MY BLOODWORK LOOKS GOOD, SO I HAVE CHEMO IN THE MORNING. I HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL.

XOXO

4 comments:

Sanbandit said...

woohoo!!!! Glad to hear you got great scan results!!! Hopefully 6 cycles and you'll be done!
Sandy

ChemoPrincess said...

Congrats on the Pet Scan Results. If you only have to do 6 rounds that would be great. Good luck with chemo i had mine yesterday so i have "the shot" tonight....uggghhh. TTYL
Brandi

Cindy said...

I knew it!!! You are remarkable, and strong and going to kick this right in the ass! I know the long road isn't at an end yet, but you are hopefully half way there, and on your way to a new better you. Your dad & I love you so much, keep doing what you're doing, and the end will be here soon. Love Mom

Sandi said...

Congratulations on things going so well for you! If you ever check this blog still, please check out my blog. www.pregnantcancer.blogspot.com. As my link shows, I have cancer and most of it was while pregnant. You can see my full story at my blog. I have a PET scan on Monday to see if it's gone! Hodgkin's Lymphoma for me too. You seem close to my age as well. Hope to see you around my blog :)
Sandi