Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Long Time


Today has been a awesome day for me. Some very special people that I haven't talked to in a long time made contact with me; Arian, Jared, Sandra and Terry. I can't tell you guys how much I have missed you and appreciate your support. The picture above is from Taylor's birthday last year. Look at all those smiles!!! I love it!

As many of you have noticed, I haven't been online very much. Well that's because my modem took a dump. Verizon has been such a pain in the ass to deal with on replacing it. I finally got the new modem yesterday and they sent me the wrong power adaptor. Luckily the old power adapter still worked. I had been down since last Thursday. Thursday evening I was running around with my head cut off trying to find an Internet Cafe of something so I could finish up on some files before my chemo on Friday. I finally found this quiet little cafe that had kiosk's and free wireless connection. Grabbed the ol' laptop and worked at the cafe for a couple hours. It was actually very relaxing and the coffee was good too!

So Friday, was Chemo #3. It's actually considered Cycle 2, day 1. Each cycle has two treatments; day 1 and day 15. I met with my Oncologist before my treatment. He said that we will do another PET Scan and CT Scan at the end of my 4th Cycle. Which puts me at the end of October. From there he will decide if I will be doing 2 or 4 more cycles. He said the Nuprogen that I was taking put my white blood cell count through the roof, so instead of 10 days, we will only do 7 this time. I had a different nurse this time. Her name was Victoria. Her and Judy (my nurse the first two times) are so funny. They crack jokes with each other the whole time. I love it. They really know how to make the patients feel better.

I got the book "The Secret" from some great friends in Idaho this weekend. Thanks Bob, Maddy, Lilly, Bunn and Mom #2. I practically lived at their house when I lived up in Idaho. If I wasn't home, I was there. My mom had gotten me a copy of the book too a while back. It's great cuz now I have one for the side of my bed and one for my Chemo bag. I also used my gift certificate from Barnes and Noble to purchase the CD's. I downloaded it onto my Ipod! http://www.thesecret.tv/home.html

Debbie came over on Sunday with a box full of goodies. She had a beautiful centerpiece made for me and surprised me with a gift certificate so her and I can go get pedicures. She also got me the Sharon Osbourne Autobiography; which I am going to try and start tonight. On top of all that she got me a Flag for my front yard. It has a beautiful saying about "Miracles" on it. I love it!!
For those of you who don't know (I'm not sure if I've mentioned it yet or not) My 30th birthday is coming up and my mom and dad will be here for two weeks, my brother, his wife, my neice and nephew will be here. My Aunt Carol and Uncle Paul are coming from Arizona. My grandfather is probably coming from Tennessee. I've also heard that Tina and Jeremy from Idaho will be here and possibly Sandy and Larry from Idaho. I hope I didn't miss anyone. We are probably going to have my favorite resturant cater dinner; La Villa's in Tracy has the absolute best mexican food. Not quite sure of all the details yet but I will let everyone know.

Gonna run and make some dinner. Hoope everyone is doing well.

xoxo



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I have to drive all the way to CA for good mexican food??? hahaha... hard to find in AZ..not.. Sound Yummy! Can't wait to see everyone. Went home to Chicago last week.. Saw Scot, Michael & Noel (guess what?!?) we had a nice quick visit. Went camping with Paul's family and saved a boy's life. He fell off his bike and hit his head major - Aunt Carol to the rescue - I was all fine until the paramedics show up...as soon as they took over I cried. The next day the little boy came and said thanks..asked if he would wear a helmet..no he said... Got to go back to work..

AUnt carol

Kelly Kane said...

Good to hear from you - your mom left me a comment the other day so I knew you were outta commission!! Good luck with chemo, and I'm sure we'll catch up soon!!

Kelly

Cindy said...

I thank the stars everyday, that you are going to be 30 YEARS OLD! When this journey began for you in May, I wasn't sure where you would be by now. Here we are planning for a huge birthday party, and you are doing so well. It definately will be a time to celebrate. I love you so much and can't wait to see you. Mom

Unknown said...

Jane,
It is hard to belive that you are going to be 30. I remember when your parents would visit my parents and I would give you and Harry your baths.
It sounds like you are feeling pretty good. I hope you enjoy your bithday party with all your family and friends.
Karen in Oregon

Sanbandit said...

Happy upcoming birthday! Man bummer about the modem but hey at least you're back up and runnin now! Hope chemo's goin well, or as well as it can! You sound like all is good! Hope you have a great birthday bash!
sandy

Anonymous said...

Hey baby doll! I really wish I could be part of the group coming to see you for your birthday! Unfortunately, with teaching, I really can't take the time off! I love you and think of you often! Stay healthy! xoxo Jen