Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Day of School & New Haircuts




Today is the girl's first day of school. I think Hailey was up before the sun was. She got up, got dresses, brushed her teeth, made her lunch and was ready to go. She didn't care if Taylor was ready or not. I'm so glad to see she is so excited. Taylor on the other hand moved a little slower. Taylor is a little nervous. This is a new school, and she has to make new friends. I'm sure they will both do fine. Me on the other hand was balling before I even left the school. I cry every year on the first day of school. I can't believe how big my babies are getting.

Yesterday, the girls and I went and got new haircuts. Taylor just got hers trimmed up. Hailey and I went a little more extreme. It's going to take me a while to get use to mine and to actually know how to style it.

Not a lot has been going on so I havn't been online in a while. I get my bloodwork done tomorrow for Chemo on Friday. This will be Cycle 2, Day 15. I'm actually looking forward to Friday. One more treatment down, and hopefully only 8 - 12 more to go.

I am so excited for my family to be here in September. We are planning a trip into the city (San Francisco) on the 8th. Some people who will be here have never been. Josh knows his way around the city like the back of his hand. He doesn't know it yet, but he is going to be the tour guide. lol I can't wait. I haven't been to the city in months. I'm having withdrawls.

Anyway, I need to get some work done, but I promise to write more often. I hope everyone is doing well. Love you!!

xoxo

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I love the hair-dos!!! I am glad the girls are excited about school, now they can make new friends in the neighborhood! We are all so excited about San Francisco, can't wait to see Alamo Square, Josh. Of course, we have to go to Fisherman's Wharf. I think a Trolley ride for everyone would be fun, too. We've never been to Alcatraz, either. Whatever anybody wants to do is fine with us! Can't wait to get there, Love Mom

Kelly Kane said...

Thanks for the update, and the hair looks fabulous! How exciting that you're planning a big birthday extravaganza - I haven't actually thought much about a birthday celebration. I hope people do something fun for me, I've never had a surprise party and I would love one :) And funny thing, I went to Alcatraz last year on my (our) birthday!! It was a super gloomy day and made Alcatraz even more depressing, still cool though! Oh and don't forget, there's lots of walking there, so wear your sneakers!

Anywho, hope all is well with you! Good luck with chemo on Friday!

Kelly

Sanbandit said...

Cute hair...all of ya! Hope the bloodwork is all good! Isn't it funny how you get excited about going to chemo? I do, cuase i want to get them all done! I'll get my scan results when i go to get chemo on Friday. I'll just see the doc before I go downstairs and get the drugs :)
Have a great bday celebration
sandy

Scar said...

Found you through Kris ( Crazy sexy cancer) blog. I have cancer too so thought I'd pop over and share some good vibes with you! Hope your blood tests go well!

sandydd said...

Well, I had to be shown how to do this "blog" thing so here goes :)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new doos! You look great and so do the girls. I can't believe it's time for school already. Marcia & I are so excited to come down and visit. I can't wait to give you a big luv hug in person. I love San Fran...its one of my all time favorite places so I am so jazzed that we are going to visit there. Good Luck on Friday sweetie. Your mom tells me you are doing great and I knew you would. We love you. Give the fam our love as well. Sandy & Larry

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks really good short!
Wow! the girls start school early!
I can't believe this is our kids' last year of elementary school! ugh! What the hell are we gonna do with teenagers! lol I miss and love you and think of you often! xoxox Jen