Sunday, September 06, 2015

Long Time (Sept 2015)

Its been over 2 years since my last post and life's just been hitting me pretty hard lately.  Actually,  it's been for a while now but I think I need an outlet. Hopefully blogging will be that outlet. 

But first let's start with a little catch up.  Let's see, I'll start with the kids. Taylor just finished her 2nd week of college.  She's down at CSU Stanislaus or Stan State, whatever you prefer.  She's taken on full time status.  Monday,  Wednesday, Friday she's in Turlock and home the other days.  She's living at home and working at McDonald's while going to school.  Her and Noelle are still together.  I believe they just celebrated their 2nd anniversary.

Hailey is now a freshman at Sierra High.  Home of the Timberwolves.  As a freshman,  she made her JV Volleyball team. She's making a lot of friends that play at local volleyball clubs so I thinking we will be staying in our general area.  After 3 years of driving to Galt and then to Rancho Cordova,  I really think it's time to try and have a social life and get to know more of our community.  Hailey is also involved with Freshman Leadership... She is Freshman VP for 2nd term!  This term she's playing volleyball,  taking algebra, Spanish, life management and piano.

Both girls are doing very good.  I'm looking forward to Concerts and games.  Taylor will have a schedule out soon.  Attached is Hailey's.

I remember much happier times for Josh and I.  The last couple years have been tough.  I'll get into this in a different post. 

Catching up with Josh... He's still working at Red Robin while working on getting his teaching degree online at home.  I believe the end of September is 2 years in. He should be teaching English about the time Hailey graduates.

Me on the other hand has not worked since November 2010. I volunteer at Sunset VBC when Hailey started having an interest in volleyball. I'm thinking the summer of 2012. It took almost 2 years to get myself up and moving around.  In the last 3 years I've tried to get myself out there more often but I had many days of rest because being up and about on one day would put me down for three. It's been really hard because of the Neuropathy in my hands and the cataracts in my eyes.  Two surgeries,  still can't see right.

So that's my catch up for now.  I will be back, I've enjoyed being able to let the words flow.

Xoxo 🐾🐺

No comments: