Tuesday, September 15, 2015

6 month follow-up

This is my first 6 month follow-up.  I was stuck at 3 months for what seemed like forever.  And of course we can't forget starting out with 2-3 days a week and then down to once a week,  then every two weeks,  followed up by the monthly and then 3 months.  So 6 months is a milestone for me and I've got so many emotions going through me.

Just like any other of my numerous follow-up appointments. I tend to get constipated prior to the appointment.  I stress myself out. I feel nauseous, nervous, excited and anxious. Being a 2 time Cancer survivor is huge to me.   I'm so proud of myself and all my support to get me better.  But I won't lie,  I know that there is the possibility of getting Cancer again.  The amount of chemo I've had puts me at a higher risk. Anyway,  this is how I feel before all follow-up appointments.

The appointments are a breeze to get through.  I first must go to the lab and let them take a few viles of blood.  I remember times that they would have 7-8 viles out but now it's usually 3-4. I still can't watch her put the needle in.  Lol I'm a big baby.

By the time I go upstairs and check in,  my wait is usually 30-45 minutes at the most. Gotta get weighed and blood pressure,  oxygen and my tempature taken.  Then I wait for one of my favorite people.... Dr Richman.  She and her team at UC Davis saved my life.  I'm friends on Facebook with a few of the nurses I had.  Nurses are amazing people and I just can't thank them enough for all that they do.

Anyway,  back to my appointment.  It never fails I get all worked up a few days before! Am I going to be clean still?  Is something going to show up in my blood work?

And then I have to pull out all my questions I've been saving up for this appointment.   What will she think about me getting a bariatric surgery?  Can my body hold up to it?  The pain in my hands and legs, especially at night.  It also interferes with writing,  holding a book to read,  driving,  cooking,  crafts.  I have to continually stop what I'm doing to give my hands a rest.  My forgetfulness and lack of concentration.  I can't sleep through the night.  If I don't take an ambien before going to bed I will literally toss and turn every 1 to 2 hours.  My leg or one of my hands fell asleep so I have to wake up to adjust it so it's not numb anymore. 

I got the cataracts surgeries done in June and July.  Now I'm just waiting for an approval from Medicare to cover 80% of the cost of my frames and prescription.  They said it could take up to 3 weeks.  So I still can't see, walking around with a pair of reading glasses or I wouldn't even be able to see my phone. Lol

So I just flipped through my writing and feel like I got out what I needed to say.  Thus blog is meant to be a release for me and it really seems to be working out.  Just not sure if I want to make it private. Gotta find out if I can still invite friends when my status /posts are private?

Night,  night!

No comments: