Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bone Marrow Biopsy Results

Well I made it through the biopsy with minimal pain.  Thank goodness for pain meds.  The doc just came in to let me know that there is still some Leukemia cells in my bone marrow.  So it looks like my hospital stay just got extended :-(  I will need to do a 7 day chemotherapy treatment, starting tonight.  It will consist of two different kind of chemotherapy drugs.  I will start both tonight and one of them will last for 3 days and the other will continue until day 7. 

4 comments:

Laura Fiore said...

Hi Jane...do you know if you have a donor match for the Bone Marrow? Can we do a blood drive for you to see if we can find one?

Unknown said...

Hey Laura, We are still waiting to hear if my brother is a match. Hopefully we'll hear the beginning of next week after the holiday. If not, the transplant team will try the Bone Marrow Donor Transplant list. If they can't find me a donor on that list then we can start some sort of blood drive. They think that I will have a pretty good chance of finding someone because I'm caucasion of European Descent.

Thanks for checking out my blog. I'm going to do my best to keep it updated on a regular basis. Please tell everyone I said hi, I miss you all so much!!!

Love,
Jane

Jen Morrison said...

Oh I hope and pray that he is a match for you. If not and you do a blood drive, i'm sure a ton of people would go see if they were matches. I know I would in a heartbeat!

Laura Fiore said...

Well, let us know for sure Jane...we'll do whatever we can to help you out! Love you and miss you too!