Monday, June 23, 2008

RELAY FOR LIFE 2008

Wow, what a weekend! This had to be one of the most emotional times in my life.

Josh and I just barely made it in time for the opening ceremony...the Survivor Walk. With the weather being in the 90's by 9:00am, I was told that the outcome was a bit less than last year. Josh and I hung out until about 10:30am because he had to get ready for work. When we left the track it was 97 degrees. There was no way I would have made it in the heat all day.

I went back around 7pm so I could see the Luminera Ceremony. Wow, it was so beautiful!! To start of the Luminera Ceremony, all of us survivors got a candle and were asked to do one lap around the track. I have to say I cried all the way around. Even though I was surrounded by so many other survivors, I felt so alone. This is something I don't think I can do by myself again. Josh was at work and the girls were in Idaho with my parents. As soon as I left, I called my mom and cried even more.

In the slide show above you'll see the Luminera's that were donated by my friends and family.

In Memory Of : Agnes Runions (my great grandmother), Becky Best (my grandmother), and Char Best-Kurecki (my aunt)

In Honory Of: Joannie McCann (Lifelong family friend), Mary "Jane" Steele (me), and
My Fellow Cancer Bloggers (to name a few; Kelly, Sandy, Duane, Bekah, Kelsi, Sandi, Jon, Brandi, and so many, many more) I thank you all so very much for all your wonderful blogs; they helped me so much every day. I love you guys!!!

I will continue to do Relay For Life every year and I urge you all to do the same. It is such a wonderful event to raise money for a CURE!!!

xoxo

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Joannie is your cousin 3rd or 4th removed!!! Her grandmother and your great grand mother were cousins. She used to babysit you and your brother when you were little brats! Lucky her! Just reading your blog has made me cry again, and I truly do appreciate you making me bawl like a baby in WalMart! I so wish I could have been there with you in person, and not just in my heart. I am so thankful that you are here to do the survivors lap. You are and always will be my little girl. I love you so much, and maybe next year, we can do it together! Love you Mom