Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chemotherapy

I have one more dose of Busulfan left and then I'm moving onto Cyclophosphamide, Mesna, Thymoglobulin and Tacrolimus for the next three days.  (Days -3, -2 and -1) Cyclophosphamide is another chemotherapy to kill off all my cells before the transplant (day 0).  The Mesna is used so I don't get any harmful effects in my bladder due to the chemo.  Thymoglobulin and Tacrolimus are medicines to help prevent rejection after the transplant.  I will also be taking Methotrexate on day +1, +3, +6 and day +11, this drug is used to help prevent Graft vs. Hose Disease. 

This whole experience is really taking a toll on me emotionally.  I can't see my kids which is very hard for me.  The girls text me a lot especially Hailey.  I am missing out on Hailey's birthday party today because we didn't think it would be a good idea to have me around a bunch of kids right before my transplant.  It will be nice because Taylor is going to help Josh with the party. Taylor promised to take tons of pictures for me.  I can't wait to see them.

I'm actually going to see about meeting with Doctor about getting my anti-depression and anti-anxiety meds increased.  I'm tired of crying all the time.  I know that this is not an easy process and there is a lot of fighting that I need to do but I need a little more help to keep it under control.  I miss my family and home so much.  This is great being in such a big hospital room but its hard at the same time. 

I'm gonna go for now and see if I can catch the kids and Josh on Skype.  We bought a webcam for my laptop so we can see each other.  I love you all very much!!!

5 comments:

Murielle said...

Wishing you the very best of luck Jane, my heart hurts reading this........you will be in my prayers.My only grandson Nick 15 yrs old was just diagnosed with Hodgins lymphoma stage 111 yesterday....so worried, he starts his treatments this week.....found your blog.
Hope your transplant goes well.
You have a beautiful family & they are so lucky to have you as a Mom.
God Bless you all,
Canadian admire,
Murielle

Unknown said...

Murielle,
My prayers go out to your grandson. I have not heard of that staging, I was diagnosed 2A. That's great he's starting his treatment this week. I'm sure he will do great!

My transplant went well. I officially had it on March 31st. I'm feeling a bit tired but it's to be expected. I'm actually gonna take sometime today to update my blog today!

Thank you for taking the time to read. I'm here if you have questions or just need someone to talk to!!

Take care,
Jane

Erin Slater said...

My husband was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma in August of 2009, just 2.5 weeks before we had our second daughter. He went through 6 months of ABVD chemo. We just found out he relapsed yesterday 5/17/11. He will need a bone marrow transplant too. We are so sad. The news really stings, as you know. Hopefully, we will reach a new normal in a couple of weeks. I hope you are doing well and you are healthy. Warmly, Erin

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

I just found your blog. As a fellow cancer survivor, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope things are going well. I just started working as a nurse at a transplant center.
Also...Great Blog! You are a credit to the cancer blogging community. I have added you to my blogroll, “Cancer Blogs Lists” with over 1400 other personal cancer blogs at www.beingcancer.net, a cancer networking site featuring a cancer book club, guest blogs, cancer resources, reviews and more.
If you have not visited before or recently, please stop by. If you agree that the site is a worthwhile resource for those affected by cancer, please consider adding Being Cancer Network to your own blogroll.
Now that you are listed, you can expect to gain a wider audience for your thoughts and experiences. Being Cancer Network is a place to share and communicate.

Take care, Dennis (beingcancer@att.net)

Lymphoma said...

I am hoping that you are doing well Jane. It has been months since the last time you have updated your blog and shared us regarding your condition. As long as your family and friends are around you, you must always hold on.