Thursday, April 10, 2008

mAss Kickers

I am so excited!!! My blog has been selected to be featured on a new website called wwww.masskickers.com (below I've copies some items from their website to give you an idea what mAss Kickers is all about)

**********************************************************************************
The MISSION of mAss Kickers is to EMPOWER patients and their loved ones through KNOWLEDGE and to make them feel less helpless when faced with an intimidating diagnosis.

mAss Kickers is a HUB for online resources to provide INFORMATION to patients and their loved ones.

As the power of the internet provides more information about one’s new diagnosis, the need for an online health store for the newly diagnosed patient and their loved ones has emerged. Patients are continually looking for information online. mAss Kickers will fulfill this need by offering links to diagnosis specific organizations, offer informational books by leading experts, and inspirational books by survivors of specific diagnoses to provide knowledge, courage, and strength in unity through this intimidating process.

mAss Kickers strives to:

• Promote courage for patients and their loved ones through unity and a fighting attitude.
• Offer support for the newly diagnosed patient, current patients, loved ones of patients, and survivors via a unique diagnosis specific discussion board
• Empower patients, their loved ones, and most importantly the newly diagnosed patient through knowledge
• Offer diagnosis specific books for purchase written by leading experts and inspirational survivors
• Offer links to diagnosis specific organizations
• Provide links to informational and inspirational videos for specific diagnoses.
• Fundraise for research and support in diagnosis specific organizations

***********************************************************************************
I wish I would have known about this website when I was diagnosed. It has so many resources. I remember being told I had Hodgkin's Lymphoma and thinking to myself...."what the hell is that?" I knew it was cancer but I knew nothing about it. I searched up and down to try and educate myself. The doctor's give you great handouts, but the internet has so much more information. This site is wonderful because it has all of the medical resources, but it also has one of the most useful resources I have found...links to other cancer patients and survivors. Being able to communicate with other cancer patients and survivors has made my journey with cancer so much easier. There are other people like me, I wasn't alone.

On the website, my blog is described as "A thoughtful and insightful blog by a survivor of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma who is in remission and looks towards a cancer-free future with her family." I couldn't have said it better myself, thank you mAss Kickers and thank you Eric for considering me.

xoxo

2 comments:

Duane said...

Congrats on the plug!! Well done. ;)

Anonymous said...

jane you are a mAss Kicker! duane introduced is responsible for making us aware of all the lymphoma mAss Kickers. we selected the ones that really stood out.
eric